Why Walkner Condon?
There are several advantages for you at Walkner Condon Financial Advisors (if you’d rather listen to an introduction, check out Keith’s introductory podcast here), but we wish to highlight a few of them:
1. A Platform for You. Depending on the client's needs and situation, we will have accounts custodied with TD Ameritrade and/or Interactive Brokers (a firm built by expats for expats and the number one online custodian according to Barron’s). Through our use of Blueleaf portal for reporting, clients may even use both platforms to handle currency transactions, owning foreign bonds, or other needs specific to their situation. This robust platform means we can build truly bespoke solutions for our client’s needs.
2. Low fees. Among financial advisors working with Americans abroad our fees (from currency to management) are designed to keep your costs down.
3. Quality technology. Walkner Condon has financial planning software (RightCapital and MoneyGuidePro) which allow us to model different scenarios in a live environment, stress test portfolios, and look at a wide variety of “What Ifs?” (Roth Conversion, Rollovers, College, etc.) and perform sophisticated analyses of insurance or annuity products. Moreover, Walkner Condon uses BlueLeaf which will allows clients to maintain and monitor accounts across a variety of platforms; it aggregates all account related information in one place and serves as an effective and easily accessible hub. Finally, Walkner Condon strives to provide our clients technology that is both powerful and easy to use. We are constantly looking to improve the client experience through technology.
4. An experienced team. Walkner Condon was incepted in 2011. We have a team that features a CFP ®, a former auditor and accountant with over 18 years of experience as an advisor, a former realtor, mortgage loan officer, and advisor with over 14 years of experience, an MBA, and a Ph.D. Additionally, while it isn’t the center of all of our advisor’s clients, all of the professionals in the office have experience working with investors both inside and outside of the United States and have a sophisticated understanding of how to build and manage portfolios for high net worth investors. We have developed prior experience at a variety of firms including Merrill Lynch, Securities America, and Edward Jones. Finally, our Director of International Services, Keith Poniewaz, has been cited as an expert on expat investing and general financial management in many locations including the Financial Times and Wisconsin Public Radio.
5. Strong and effective compliance. Walkner Condon have clear and established compliance procedures for our firm, including legal support from a respected securities law firm (Miller Canfield), and contracted compliance services in addition to the work of Walkner Condon’s in-house Chief Compliance Officer, Clint Walkner. We understand that expatriates have complex regulatory, currency, and tax challenges and we strive to follow all the rules to the best of our ability.